Join Our Team!
Our Top Openings
As a Data Scientist for Engage3, you would be working closely with our Data Science team, retail and CPG customers, and partners to lead the company’s reporting, data management, and analytics efforts. You would be building the next generation of revolutionary data-driven products to optimize retailer, manufacturer, and consumer strategies.
A qualified candidate for this position must have demonstrated the ability to manage modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Developing and deploying algorithms and data-driven products, combining advanced modeling techniques and domain expertise
- Structured and unstructured data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Maintaining and enhancing internal tools for data analysis
- Managing multiple custom projects on short timelines
- Fielding critical requests from clients and internal teams (e.g. Sales, Operations) expeditiously and with strong attention to detail.
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed, parallel play and be able to take ownership of projects
- Deploy high-quality products and projects with clean code, thorough testing, and documentation
- Ability to develop mathematical models and optimization algorithms
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Engineering, Math, Finance, Computer Science, Physics or related industry experience
- 2-5 years experience in production/client-facing environments, with a focus on analytic products and projects
- Able to write SQL scripts and dialects for analysis and reporting
- Experience using one or more programming languages including Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS
- Strong experience in Excel
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
- Manipulate spreadsheets with Python or another scripting language
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis
- Experience deploying and integrating into production systems and data-driven products
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-ta
- Experience in advanced machine-learning methodologies including supervised and unsupervised learning
- Experience with clustered data processing including Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive
- Experience using programing languages Scala and Bash
- End-to-end experience designing and deploying
Engage3 is looking to hire a technical expert, who demonstrates an desire for learning new technologies which is evident based on their by the ability to expand upon current core knowledge. The Data Analyst (also known as a Customer Support Engineer) is the connection between our customers and Engage3, which is crucial for building effective working relationships. While building these relationships, the Data Analyst will address and work to solve customer issues, manage expectations, and leave all customers feeling valued and pleased with their service.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has patience as well as an empathetic view of the customer. You will be able to hone in on your skills and advance your career by providing value to customers while working with a team of accomplished data scientists and domain experts in the retail competitive intelligence industry.
A successful Data Analyst:
- Develop working knowledge of Engage3 products to provide first/second/third level technical support via phone, email, web and remote access on a daily basis
- Communicates concerns with fellow team members to collaboratively create solutions to problems which arise
- Work independently and immediate supervisor to understand customer issues, recreate these issues and utilize tools to debug the issues to prevent them from recurring
- Compiles and maintains databases of existing issues and adding new issues as they arise
- Works alongside product team to prioritize and resolve these issues
- Acts as focal point for large account problem resolution and as a technical expert.
- Has commitment and an ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with customers and in a client facing role
- Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Working knowledge of Software as a Service products and protocols
- Drive and skills to learn about new products and technologies efficiently
- BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering Software as a Service
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with Software as a Service in mobile & web products, devices
- Experience with technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses
- Web and mobile product design or management experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
Job Summary: We are seeking business analysts to help us conduct research on consumer products and retailers’ websites across the US and Canada.
- Conduct research on consumer products
- Decipher cryptic product descriptions
- Responsible for creating and improving upon internal processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented and reliable;
- Must be a fast-thinker;
- Committed, honest, and follow instructions.
Job Type: Part-time, On-site
Salary: Local min. wage/hour (growth opportunities available)
Job Hours: Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Hours a week: 20-30 consistent hours per week
Job Summary: We are seeking a growth mindset individual who notices unique features and details that others often miss. This person will organize and clean product lists provided by our clients and other sources, which will be passed on to another team member and shopped in-store.
- Research products and brands to compartmentalize the different types of brands, sizes, and in depth details to show how that affects their prices, and match the products accurately
- Clean and organize product lists to ensure that our client’s time locating and identifying products in-store is as easy and efficient as possible.
- Collaborate with clients and end users at the store level to help with this process
- Create itemized lists pertaining to but not limited to: pet items, organic and natural food, supplements, sporting goods, grocery and alcohol, cosmetics, and ethnic foods
- Conduct product research via UPC, descriptions, etc.
- Match products that are similar or exactly the same between different stores using one of Engage3’s databases.
- Well organized; able to prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Confident with high integrity
- Self-accountable with efficient time management
- Respectful team player
- Flexible to unexpected events
- Excel and Google sheets experience (required)
- Ability to do VLOOKUP’s and work with advanced filters in Excel (preferred)
- Understanding of Excel Pivot Tables (preferred)
- Research and technology-oriented (preferred)
- Strong commitment to projects
Retail experience (preferred)
Who We Are
We are a solutions-oriented, high-energy bunch that thrives on disruptive retail technology, inspired design, and our ability to tackle difficult problems with creative solutions and (more often than not) several cups of coffee. Our team is continuously growing, and as a whole we strive to make each other better each and every day both personally and professionally. Engage3 fosters a cohesive work environment aimed at breaking down any notion of “office politics” – we encourage each other to challenge and be challenged, unlocking new ideas and fresh perspectives in order to build something special together. We love to work hard but we also recognize the value of having fun while doing so!
What We Do
At Engage3 we believe in creating a more efficient marketplace that fully benefits consumers, retailers, and manufacturers. This connection of influence serves as the inspiration for the name “Engage3”. As the industry leader in predictive analytics, we are always looking forward to new technologies and better, more efficient methods of operation in the space. We are a growing team that specializes in providing timely, highly accurate competitive data and actionable insights. Our high standards of quality are represented through our state-of-the-art technology platforms and service offerings and those standards are driven by the people that we call our own.
Where We're Located
We’re based in the beautiful, tree-lined and bike-friendly downtown Davis. The main office is right next to a plethora of coffee shops and restaurants, a short walk from the beautiful UC Davis campus and arboretum, and a few blocks from the Amtrak station.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people who are:
- eager to learn new technologies
- creative thinkers
- enjoy collaboration while working in a cutting edge consumer retail environment
- adaptive and flexible to fast-paced work environment