Join Our Team!
Who We Are
We are a solutions-oriented, high-energy bunch that thrives on disruptive retail technology, inspired design, and our ability to tackle difficult problems with creative solutions and (more often than not) several cups of coffee. Our team is continuously growing, and as a whole we strive to make each other better each and every day both personally and professionally. Engage3 fosters a cohesive work environment aimed at breaking down any notion of “office politics” – we encourage each other to challenge and be challenged, unlocking new ideas and fresh perspectives in order to build something special together. We love to work hard but we also recognize the value of having fun while doing so!
What We Do
At Engage3 we believe in creating a more efficient marketplace that fully benefits consumers, retailers, and manufacturers. This connection of influence serves as the inspiration for the name “Engage3”. As the industry leader in predictive analytics, we are always looking forward to new technologies and better, more efficient methods of operation in the space. We are a growing team that specializes in providing timely, highly accurate competitive data and actionable insights. Our high standards of quality are represented through our state-of-the-art technology platforms and service offerings and those standards are driven by the people that we call our own.
Where We're Located
We’re based in the beautiful, tree-lined and bike-friendly downtown Davis. The main office is right next to a plethora of coffee shops and restaurants, a short walk from the beautiful UC Davis campus and arboretum, and a few blocks from the Amtrak station.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people who are:
- eager to learn new technologies
- creative thinkers
- enjoy collaboration while working in a cutting edge consumer retail environment
- adaptive and flexible to fast-paced work environment
Our Top Openings
Engage3 is growing and we are seeking a talented Backend developer to create tools in Java, facilitating the flow of data in and out of our databases. We thrive on coffee, disruptive retail technology, inspired design, and our team’s ability to tackle difficult problems with creative solutions.
This position requires an ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment with a high standard for quality, an eagerness to learn new technologies, and maintain calm focus under pressure. If you are passionate about Data, and would like to work in a cutting edge consumer retail environment, then you are the right person for Engage3!
- Expertise programming in Java using JDBC, REST API’s, Spring Framework
- Experience working with Relational/NoSQL Databases
- Experience writing and tuning SQL queries
- At least two years or experience programing in a production environment
- Foundational understanding of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL Databases
- Experience programming in Eclipse, Intellij IDE’s,
- Ability to absorb, master, and leverage emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working well in a team environment
- Able to work extended hours when needed to deliver results
Engage3 is looking to hire a technical expert, who demonstrates an desire for learning new technologies which is evident based on their by the ability to expand upon current core knowledge. The Data Analyst (also known as a Customer Support Engineer) is the connection between our customers and Engage3, which is crucial for building effective working relationships. While building these relationships, the Data Analyst will address and work to solve customer issues, manage expectations, and leave all customers feeling valued and pleased with their service.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has patience as well as an empathetic view of the customer. You will be able to hone in on your skills and advance your career by providing value to customers while working with a team of accomplished data scientists and domain experts in the retail competitive intelligence industry.
A successful Data Analyst:
- Develop working knowledge of Engage3 products to provide first/second/third level technical support via phone, email, web and remote access on a daily basis
- Communicates concerns with fellow team members to collaboratively create solutions to problems which arise
- Work independently and immediate supervisor to understand customer issues, recreate these issues and utilize tools to debug the issues to prevent them from recurring
- Compiles and maintains databases of existing issues and adding new issues as they arise
- Works alongside product team to prioritize and resolve these issues
- Acts as focal point for large account problem resolution and as a technical expert.
- Has commitment and an ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with customers and in a client facing role
- Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Working knowledge of Software as a Service products and protocols
- Drive and skills to learn about new products and technologies efficiently
- BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering Software as a Service
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with Software as a Service in mobile & web products, devices
- Experience with technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses
- Web and mobile product design or management experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
The Chief Financial Officer will direct the day-to-day financial activities of the Company and partner with Engage3’s leadership team to scale the business for growth. The CFO will foster a results and metric-driven culture by bridging financial management with operational execution.
- Provide corporate executives and the Board of Directors with direction and management of the Company’s financial strategy and business planning as well as timely, accurate, and relevant management and financial information.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of management, human capital, information technology, and infrastructure to handle rapid growth and drive efficient company operating margins.
- Drive accountability and provide executive coaching to the Company’s functional experts in executing on Company strategy and annual budget.
- Expand on the existing finance function, including accounting, budgeting, and metrics reporting.
- Establish and maintain audit relationship to ensure 3rd party financial accountability as the Company scales.
- Manage the Company’s capital expenditures budget.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of financial and operational management including ensuring successful NetSuite migration.
- In conjunction with the SVP of Sales, enhance and establish best practices to ensure optimal sales force performance and tracking including relevant sales information, customer & pricing trends, and pipeline management.
- Maintain ownership and drive team accountability for HR, Legal, Facilities, and Compliance departments of the Company.
- Work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors on all corporate development and strategic partnership driven activities.
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff including both existing and new hires.
- Ensure activities meet and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Ensure compliance of operations with Company policy and government regulations.
- Exemplary communication skills, in person, on the telephone and in written communications
- Highly motivated, and tenacious in the pursuit of targeted clients and achieving sales targets. Must be willing and able to manage and overcome customer objections
- Eager and willing to be a proactive, hands-on sales driver while growing the business and expanding the team over time
- Prefer working as part of a team and leading a team. This is a collaborative environment and “lone wolves” will not be successful
- Experienced and knowledgeable about successful sales processes appropriate for fast-growth technology companies
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Track record of leading highly disciplined, focused finance organization that consistently delivers and achieves critical performance metrics.
- Executive experience with SaaS business models and their associated revenue recognition is strongly preferred.
- Venture / private equity backed company experience is advantageous.
- Given the Company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a CFO with a systems focus and high energy.
- Strong internal finance skills including, but not limited to, accounting and tax, internal and external controls, budgeting and planning, treasury, financial systems, and management reporting.
- External experience in such areas as mergers and acquisitions and investor relations is important.
- An experienced “in-the-trenches executive” who is willing to immerse himself or herself in the daily aspects of the business.
- Proven management and organization skills in a dynamic environment, including an open, action-oriented personality.
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with people on financial issues.
This role is not easily defined – we are looking for an analytically minded, solution-focused, strategic communicator to strengthen Engage3’s market position and perception.
Engage3 is seeking a dynamic Marketing Lead with an emphasis on B2B marketing to develop strategies and implement programs to activate, engage, retain, cross-sell and increase customer LTV for Engage3’s products. You will develop end to end promotional and lifecycle-based communication programs reaching multiple customer segments, assess performance, and optimize.
Marketing Lead will be responsible for all digital communications, industry conferences & events, marketing collateral, and marketing budget.
- Shape communications that help grow the business across all relevant channels
- Working with cross-functional groups including sales, operations, and product to develop appropriate messaging, content, and stories from which to build campaigns
- Responsible for inbound opportunities & customer engagement through applicable communication channels
- Corporate communications
- Responsible for department KPI’s that drive the business
- Ability to wear and turn many hats across a number of roles to support the business as it continues its growth
- Sales enablement (product sheets, white papers, etc.)
- Managing analyst relationships
- 3+ years of related marketing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle a multitude of different responsibilities at one time
- Creative thinking
- Demonstration of data-driven analysis of past marketing campaigns
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time
- B2B experience
- Fluency with technology
- Experience in fast-paced, high growth startups are a bonus
- Retail / CPG industry experience
- Software, analytics, and/or big data familiarity
- Design experience
- Video experience
- Bachelor’s degree
As an Administrative Assistant, you will organize and clean product lists, provided by our clients and other sources, to be passed on to another team member and shopped in-store.
- Decipher cryptic descriptions, create, and maintain database of easy to read “shoppable” products for our end users, ensuring that their time locating and identifying products in-store is as easy and efficient as possible
- Frequently work at store level, with clients and end users to help with this process
- Creating lists pertaining to but not limited to: pet items, organic and natural foods, supplements, sporting goods, grocery and alcohol, cosmetics, and ethnic foods
- Product research by UPC, product description, etc.
- Excel experience needed.
- Research and technology-oriented preferred.
- Strong commitment to projects.
- Retail experience a plus.
- Well organized.
- Strong communication skills.
- Confident with high integrity.
- Self-accountable with great time management.
- Respectful and a team player.
As a Data Scientist for Engage3, you would be working closely with our Data Science team, retail and CPG customers, and partners to lead the company’s reporting, data management, and analytics efforts. You would be building the next generation of revolutionary data-driven products to optimize retailer, manufacturer, and consumer strategies.
A qualified candidate for this position must have demonstrated the ability to manage modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Developing and deploying algorithms and data-driven products, combining advanced modeling techniques and domain expertise
- Structured and unstructured data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Maintaining and enhancing internal tools for data analysis
- Managing multiple custom projects on short timelines
- Fielding critical requests from clients and internal teams (e.g. Sales, Operations) expeditiously and with strong attention to detail.
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed, parallel play and be able to take ownership of projects
- Deploy high-quality products and projects with clean code, thorough testing, and documentation
- Ability to develop mathematical models and optimization algorithms
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Engineering, Math, Finance, Computer Science, Physics or related industry experience
- 2-5 years experience in production/client-facing environments, with a focus on analytic products and projects
- Able to write SQL scripts and dialects for analysis and reporting
- Experience using one or more programming languages including Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS
- Strong experience in Excel
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
- Manipulate spreadsheets with Python or another scripting language
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis
- Experience deploying and integrating into production systems and data-driven products
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-ta
- Experience in advanced machine-learning methodologies including supervised and unsupervised learning
- Experience with clustered data processing including Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive
- Experience using programing languages Scala and Bash
- End-to-end experience designing and deploying