Join Our Team!
Our Top Openings
We are seeking a highly motivated Chief Financial Officer who will thrive in a fast moving environment. This position requires strong communication skills (interpersonal, written and spoken), a “can-do” positive attitude; and the ability to reach out to others in the organization as well as to work autonomously, a sense of urgency to accomplish things quickly and is able to prioritize multiple tasks and handle a variety of workloads. Provide creative imagination and an ability to roll with and contribute to a disciplined-but-entrepreneurial work environment.
The ideal candidate will have an exceptional track record as a successful Chief Financial Officer in start-up, high growth companies, ideally through the IPO process. She/he will have demonstrated an ability to build effective teams in entrepreneurial environments and create a world class organization
The Chief Financial Officer will be a business driver and partner to the Chief Executive Officer. She/he will manage all financial operations of the company and be responsible for learning all aspects of the business, while continuing to build a strong and collaborative finance team. This executive will be a self-confident, team-oriented individual with ethics and integrity. This position is a tremendous opportunity for the right leader to participate and help guide this high growth organization to the next level.
The Chief Financial Officer will lead the following functions:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Investor Relations
- IT systems
- HR and facilities
The Chief Financial Officer through the understanding of the business, how it operates, and where the pressure points are, will advocate new ways of thinking. Specifically, the Chief Financial Officer will:
- Partner with the Chief Executive Officer to execute on the Company’s long term business plan while achieving short-term goals, driving growth and enacting cost discipline.
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Executive Officer and the Board on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance and health of the Company.
The Chief Financial Officer will instil immediate credibility and establish relationships inside and outside the Company. She/he will eloquently communicate the business proposition both internally and externally, verbally and in writing. She/he will be expected to articulate complicated topics in an easy to understand manner. Specific examples include:
- Communicate effectively with outside customers, vendors, lenders, and shareholders regarding the Company’s financial performance and expectations.
- Provide effective oversight in the identification, evaluation, negotiation of real estate leases and financial transactions in order to assure that expectations are fulfilled.
The Chief Financial Officer will act as a chief evangelist for the company through more than good communication about numbers. She/he will have the ability to set the context and story, and show how the numbers give early proof points to that story. Specifically, the Chief Financial Officer will:
- Serve as a key member of the senior executive team in providing input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic input in shaping the Company’s business objectives.
- Comfortably work with multiple business lines and products within one entity.
The Chief Financial Officer will develop and lead a high functioning finance organization. This includes:
- Assume complete responsibility and accountability for the financial activities and performance of the Company, observing appropriate governing laws in the countries in which it does business.
- Ensure that the Company has a highly capable financial organization in place for the corporate operation and in the various business units through the on-going attraction, training and development of skilled financial executives and professionals.
- Build and maintain effective accounting systems that accurately track and record all financial transactions in order to ensure reliable information for business performance evaluation and decision-making.
- Using the most appropriate information systems available, implement and maintain disciplined financial planning and control systems to accurately report performance and exercise effective management control regarding revenues, expenses, capital expenditures, cash flows, stock options, R.O.I., and return to shareholders. This includes the long-term strategic plans, annual, and quarterly planning and forecasting process.
- Ensure that a disciplined analytical process, appropriately staffed, is in place to fully understand the “what if” implications of important decisions and opportunities; and anticipate emerging problems, contingencies, and other issues requiring management attention well in advance.
- 10+ years of experience in financial and business management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning.
- Prior experience successfully guiding a business through IPO or sale.
- As one of the primary spokespersons for the Company, candidates must possess the utmost credibility and eloquence to engage and brand the Company with the investment community, industry analysts and the press.
- Must have resiliency and tenacity to be successful in an extremely fast paced ever-changing environment.
- Have a deep finance and accounting background, with a CPA.
- Been in a PE/ VC backed company (comfortable with cap structure, managing to covenants, working with lenders, working with a VC board).
- Have the ability to partner well with other visionary business leaders, and have good relationship building skills with the Chief Executive Officer and peers.
- Have a broad business sense and ability to manage a finance function beyond the numbers, i.e., be a business person before a finance person. She/he will have a strong understanding and passion for the operational side of the business.
- The person must have a quantitative grasp on complex issues while being able to distil the facts and focus on key issues.
- Sarbanes Oxley implementation experience is preferred.
- International management experience is highly desirable.
As a Data Scientist for Engage3, you would be working closely with our Data Science team, retail and CPG customers, and partners to lead the company’s reporting, data management, and analytics efforts. You would be building the next generation of revolutionary data-driven products to optimize retailer, manufacturer, and consumer strategies.
A qualified candidate for this position must have demonstrated the ability to manage modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Developing and deploying algorithms and data-driven products, combining advanced modeling techniques and domain expertise
- Structured and unstructured data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Maintaining and enhancing internal tools for data analysis
- Managing multiple custom projects on short timelines
- Fielding critical requests from clients and internal teams (e.g. Sales, Operations) expeditiously and with strong attention to detail.
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed, parallel play and be able to take ownership of projects
- Deploy high-quality products and projects with clean code, thorough testing, and documentation
- Ability to develop mathematical models and optimization algorithms
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Engineering, Math, Finance, Computer Science, Physics or related industry experience
- 2-5 years experience in production/client-facing environments, with a focus on analytic products and projects
- Able to write SQL scripts and dialects for analysis and reporting
- Experience using one or more programming languages including Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS
- Strong experience in Excel
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
- Manipulate spreadsheets with Python or another scripting language
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis
- Experience deploying and integrating into production systems and data-driven products
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-ta
- Experience in advanced machine-learning methodologies including supervised and unsupervised learning
- Experience with clustered data processing including Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive
- Experience using programing languages Scala and Bash
- End-to-end experience designing and deploying
Engage3 is looking to hire a technical expert, who demonstrates an desire for learning new technologies which is evident based on their by the ability to expand upon current core knowledge. The Data Analyst (also known as a Customer Support Engineer) is the connection between our customers and Engage3, which is crucial for building effective working relationships. While building these relationships, the Data Analyst will address and work to solve customer issues, manage expectations, and leave all customers feeling valued and pleased with their service.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has patience as well as an empathetic view of the customer. You will be able to hone in on your skills and advance your career by providing value to customers while working with a team of accomplished data scientists and domain experts in the retail competitive intelligence industry.
A successful Data Analyst:
- Develop working knowledge of Engage3 products to provide first/second/third level technical support via phone, email, web and remote access on a daily basis
- Communicates concerns with fellow team members to collaboratively create solutions to problems which arise
- Work independently and immediate supervisor to understand customer issues, recreate these issues and utilize tools to debug the issues to prevent them from recurring
- Compiles and maintains databases of existing issues and adding new issues as they arise
- Works alongside product team to prioritize and resolve these issues
- Acts as focal point for large account problem resolution and as a technical expert.
- Has commitment and an ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with customers and in a client facing role
- Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Working knowledge of Software as a Service products and protocols
- Drive and skills to learn about new products and technologies efficiently
- BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering Software as a Service
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with Software as a Service in mobile & web products, devices
- Experience with technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses
- Web and mobile product design or management experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
Engage3 is growing and we are seeking a talented Backend developer to create tools in Java, facilitating the flow of data in and out of our databases. We thrive on coffee, disruptive retail technology, inspired design, and our team’s ability to tackle difficult problems with creative solutions.
This position requires an ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment with a high standard for quality, an eagerness to learn new technologies, and maintain calm focus under pressure. If you are passionate about Data, and would like to work in a cutting edge consumer retail environment, then you are the right person for Engage3!
- Expertise programming in Java using JDBC, REST API’s, Spring Framework
- Experience working with Relational/NoSQL Databases
- Experience writing and tuning SQL queries
- At least two years or experience programing in a production environment
- Foundational understanding of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL Databases
- Experience programming in Eclipse, Intellij IDE’s,
- Ability to absorb, master, and leverage emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working well in a team environment
- Able to work extended hours when needed to deliver results
The Product Analyst will help assist Engage3’s Product Team drive and execute product strategy and the product roadmap with: competitive analysis, analysis of product data, helping write product requirements documents (PRDs) and market requirements documents (MRDs). The Product Analyst will also partner with the UI/UX team on helping inform product design decisions by writing user surveys and by collecting and analyzing user feedback. You’ll lead in the development or reports and analyses designed to support a rapidly evolving business with limited comparables or precedents. You will partner with Product & Engineering to surface insights and influence how the broader organization thinks about our challenges.
We’re looking for someone with an insatiable curiosity who is always asking why. Someone who can translate simple questions into complex analysis and translate them back into straightforward language. We love learning, and we expect that you will learn new things and teach us new things as we build out our intelligence capabilities.
- Support Product team with execution of product strategy and roadmap planning
- Build competitive analyses and presentations
- Perform detailed market and user research
- Help identify new and emerging technologies and trends
- Help define and drive product decisions by interviewing customers and users
- Work closely with Engineering, UI/UX, Operations, and Product Marketing
- Other responsibilities as required
- Passionate and a perfectionist
- Interest in learning and growing fast
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong understanding of SaaS and enterprise software products
- Experience analyzing companies and products
- A strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts shouldn’t be a problem for you.
- Comfortable and effective at juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- You are scrappy. You approach questions with a scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically — the simplest solution may be the best at times.
- 3.0 GPA or higher required
- Major in Economics, Finance, Engineering, or other technical disciplines
- Product Management, Retail, Corporate Strategy, Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Management Consulting experience a plus
As Visual & UI/UX Software Designer of our web and mobile apps, you are responsible for the creation, guidance, and support of the visual language of our products. This position works closely with our Product Managers, other designers, engineers and executives to create engaging and original designs that reflect business requirements, support user needs, and are technically feasible. You should love perfecting simple and stunning user interfaces.
You will successfully leverage your exceptional ability in graphic design and typography, your understanding of branding as it relates to user experience, application of a brand’s look and feel across web and mobile, and understanding of interaction design patterns related to web design, mobile, and desktop applications.
Startups are challenging, chaotic and require hard work. A positive, enthusiastic and supportive attitude is a must! An individual must be optimistic, believe the impossible is possible and persevere through forbidding and perplexing odds. Open to full or part-time hires and remote or on-site.
- Strong design background with 5+ years experience in interactive design
- Broad range of styles to accommodate various projects ranging from Web & Mobile interface design to marketing and print work
- Experience creating UI specs & wireframes, but with the flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution in a matter of minutes
- Solid portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Technology or Graphic Design
- Minimum 5 years experience in graphic design and production
- Direct experience with the development and implementation of brand strategy, especially as it translates to built environments and customer experiences
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Works well in an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
Who We Are
We are a solutions-oriented, high-energy bunch that thrives on disruptive retail technology, inspired design, and our ability to tackle difficult problems with creative solutions and (more often than not) several cups of coffee. Our team is continuously growing, and as a whole we strive to make each other better each and every day both personally and professionally. Engage3 fosters a cohesive work environment aimed at breaking down any notion of “office politics” – we encourage each other to challenge and be challenged, unlocking new ideas and fresh perspectives in order to build something special together. We love to work hard but we also recognize the value of having fun while doing so!
What We Do
At Engage3 we believe in creating a more efficient marketplace that fully benefits consumers, retailers, and manufacturers. This connection of influence serves as the inspiration for the name “Engage3”. As the industry leader in predictive analytics, we are always looking forward to new technologies and better, more efficient methods of operation in the space. We are a growing team that specializes in providing timely, highly accurate competitive data and actionable insights. Our high standards of quality are represented through our state-of-the-art technology platforms and service offerings and those standards are driven by the people that we call our own.
Where We're Located
We’re based in the beautiful, tree-lined and bike-friendly downtown Davis. The main office is right next to a plethora of coffee shops and restaurants, a short walk from the beautiful UC Davis campus and arboretum, and a few blocks from the Amtrak station.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people who are:
- eager to learn new technologies
- creative thinkers
- enjoy collaboration while working in a cutting edge consumer retail environment
- adaptive and flexible to fast-paced work environment