Join Our Team!
Our Top Openings
Engage3 is seeking an innovative and detail-oriented Product Manager to work closely with our designers, engineers, and other cross-functional team members to deliver products that consistently amaze our users. The ability to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and a “get things done” mindset will be critical to your success.
You’ll be a true collaborator, working closely with sales, strategic enablement, marketing, engineering, operations, and others to promote and support sales enablement, marketing performance measurement, strategic planning, and streamlined reporting.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to develop and promote product strategy and vision
- Work closely with design, engineering, and cross-departmentally to build a product that makes business relationships simple and delightful
- Distill qualitative and quantitative data into workable problems
- Manage the entire lifecycle of features, from discovery, to adoption and optimization, fostering an iterative approach, driven by data and feedback
- Educate and promote the product internally and externally, in close partnership with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams
- 2-3+ years of product management experience
- Analytical, data driven mindset, and proficient user of analytics tools
- Great track record delivering quality products in close collaboration with developers and designers
- Ability to efficiently support multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- Domain expertise in Enterprise SaaS and sales practices is strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree required; advanced degree a bonus
- Experience in an Agile development environment a plus
Job Summary: We are seeking business analysts to help us conduct research on consumer products and retailers’ websites across the US and Canada.
- Conduct research on consumer products
- Decipher cryptic product descriptions
- Responsible for creating and improving upon internal processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented and reliable;
- Must be a fast-thinker;
- Committed, honest, and follow instructions.
Job Type: Part-time, On-site
Salary: Local min. wage/hour (growth opportunities available)
Job Hours: Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Hours a week: 20-30 consistent hours per week
Job Summary: We are seeking a self-motivated individual who exudes confidence and conversational comfort over the phone. This individual will work part-time as a Call Service Agent to make calls and collect information over the phone from businesses across the U.S. and Canada. This is an at-home, employee position.
- Act as a customer and call businesses nationwide to find the best price for a product
- Obtain information about the item’s “cash” price, size, etc. and record it in the spreadsheet provided
- Receive assignments with specific instructions and a deadline via email from the comfort of your own home
- Communicates strongly and conversationally over the phone and email
- Follows complex directions well
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to unexpected situations
- Persistent and assertive in uncomfortable situations, but never aggressive
- Own a phone
- Have access to a computer
- One year of experience with Excel (required)
- Speak French (preferred)
A monthly long distance phone carrier reimbursement or calling card reimbursement is available upon approval.
Job Type: Part-time, Remote
Job Hours: Monday-Saturday
Hours a week: 20-29 set hours per week
Engage3 is seeking a highly motivated developer, someone with a passion for technology with established standards to create and enhance rich web application interfaces. You will work in small agile teams to rapidly prototype and deploy new software features and site designs. We aim to be the best, but to be the best, we need a team with not only impressive technical skills, but with great character and interpersonal skills as well. To thrive in the fast paced start up world, we believe a “can-do” positive attitude and a creative imagination are just as valuable to our team members as technical knowledge.
Due to this, we are looking for individuals with serious technical chops and a compulsive respect for deadlines, and also strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. The entrepreneurial work environment requires discipline and the ability to function and succeed in chaos. Our goals are ambitious, so we are looking for equally ambitious and driven individuals who want to be a part of a truly grand undertaking. Experience playing a lead is a plus, as is experience with retail product merchandising systems.
- Desired Skills: NPM, Node.js, Experience with D3 or other similar graphing software
- Bonus to know: Some backend development with Java, Spring Data, Spring Boot, Python.
Personal Values and Characteristics:
- Confident and motivated
- Start-up Mentality: “Roll up your sleeves: attitude. Self-motivated with the initiative and drive to succeed in entrepreneurial environment
- Commits to projects through to completion and deliver significant milestones
- Operates at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- Can work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously
In This Role, We Need Someone Who Can:
· Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineer
· Contribute to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keep your technical acumen sharp
· Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the product
· Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolve it before it happens
· Daily management of standups as the ScrumMaster for no more than two engineering teams
· Partner with PM to align with objectives, priorities , tradeoffs and risk
· Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources
· Empowering the delivery team to self organize
· Be a multiplier and have a passion for team and team members’ success
· Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
· Maintaining high morale and motivating the delivery team to go above and beyond
· Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
· Participating in architecture discussions and planning
· Participating in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
· Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
Experience And Skills
· Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
· 3+ years experience leading software development projects with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
· Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
· Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
· Experience in hiring smart, talented engineers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with Agile development methodologies. ScrumMaster experience required
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Nice To Have Skills
· Experience with search platforms such Lucene, Solr or ElasticSearch a plus
· Experience with Snowflake, Spark, etc.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform
· Experience with Performance Engineering
· Building Machine Learning platforms
· Android, and/or iOS domain knowledge, including debugging, app store policies, and consumer trends
· Deploying B2B SaaS products
Engage3 is looking to hire a technical expert, who demonstrates an desire for learning new technologies which is evident based on their by the ability to expand upon current core knowledge. The Data Analyst (also known as a Customer Support Engineer) is the connection between our customers and Engage3, which is crucial for building effective working relationships. While building these relationships, the Data Analyst will address and work to solve customer issues, manage expectations, and leave all customers feeling valued and pleased with their service.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has patience as well as an empathetic view of the customer. You will be able to hone in on your skills and advance your career by providing value to customers while working with a team of accomplished data scientists and domain experts in the retail competitive intelligence industry.
A successful Data Analyst:
- Develop working knowledge of Engage3 products to provide first/second/third level technical support via phone, email, web and remote access on a daily basis
- Communicates concerns with fellow team members to collaboratively create solutions to problems which arise
- Work independently and immediate supervisor to understand customer issues, recreate these issues and utilize tools to debug the issues to prevent them from recurring
- Compiles and maintains databases of existing issues and adding new issues as they arise
- Works alongside product team to prioritize and resolve these issues
- Acts as focal point for large account problem resolution and as a technical expert.
- Has commitment and an ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with customers and in a client facing role
- Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Working knowledge of Software as a Service products and protocols
- Drive and skills to learn about new products and technologies efficiently
- BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering Software as a Service
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with Software as a Service in mobile & web products, devices
- Experience with technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses
- Web and mobile product design or management experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
● Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
● Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
● Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability,
● Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
● Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
● Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
● Keep our data secure
● Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
● Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
● Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
● Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
● Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
● Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
● Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
● A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
● Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
● Strong project management and organizational skills.
● Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They could also have experience using the following software/tools:
○ Experience with big data tools including Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
○ Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, e.g. Postgres and Redshift.
○ Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
○ Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
○ Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming etc.
○ Experience with Java, Scala, etc
○ Experience with big data tools, e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
○ Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc
As a Data Scientist for Engage3, you will bring tremendous innovation to the retail industry by building and delivering the next generation of transformative big data solutions.
You should be able to demonstrate the ability to manage modeling projects, identify requirements and build statistically grounded methodology and tools. You should also have experience collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Developing and deploying algorithms and data-driven products, combining advanced modeling techniques and domain expertise
- Structured and unstructured data mining using state-of-the-art methods across multiple sources and rapidly-evolving architectures in a highly agile environment
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Maintaining and enhancing internal tools for data analysis
- Managing multiple custom projects on short timelines
- Fielding critical requests from clients and internal teams (e.g. Sales, Operations) expeditiously and with strong attention to detail.
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed, parallel play and be able to take ownership of projects
- Deploy high-quality products and projects with clean code, thorough testing, and documentation
- Ability to develop mathematical models and optimization algorithms
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Engineering, Math, Finance, Computer Science, Physics
- OR related industry experience for 2-5 years in production/client-facing environments, with a focus on analytic products and projects with a Bachelors in Engineering, Math, Finance, Computer Science, Physics
- Able to write SQL scripts and dialects for analysis and reporting
- Experience using one or more programming languages including Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS
- Strong experience in Excel
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
- Manipulate spreadsheets with Python or another scripting language
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis
- Experience deploying and integrating into production systems and data-driven products
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience in advanced machine-learning methodologies including supervised and unsupervised learning
- Experience with clustered data processing including Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive
- Experience using programing languages Scala and Bash
- End-to-end experience designing and deploying
Engage3 is looking for a passionate and experienced Account Manager, who will partner with our customers to ensure their long-term success. The Account Manager role is to manage a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new opportunities.
What does an Account Manager do?
Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing sales reports. Accounts managers will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams, ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and improve the entire customer experience. Our ideal candidate is able to identify customer needs and exceed client expectations. Ultimately, a successful Account Manager should collaborate with our sales team to achieve sales quotas and grow our business.
- Responsible for managing several accounts and often being the face of the company to clients
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts and customer stakeholders
- Building new business relationships using existing industry contacts.
- Ensuring they are aware with all competitive activities within accounts and preventing attrition.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas
- Prepare reports on account status
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager or other relevant experience
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer need
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
We are seeking a growth mindset individual who notices unique features and details that others often miss. This person will organize and clean product lists provided by our clients and other sources, which will be passed on to another team member and shopped in-store.
- Research products and brands to compartmentalize the different types of brands, sizes, and in depth details to show how that affects their prices, and match the products accurately
- Clean and organize product lists to ensure that our client’s time locating and identifying products in-store is as easy and efficient as possible.
- Collaborate with clients and end users at the store level to help with this process
- Create itemized lists pertaining to but not limited to: pet items, organic and natural food, supplements, sporting goods, grocery and alcohol, cosmetics, and ethnic foods
- Conduct product research via UPC, descriptions, etc.
- Match products that are similar or exactly the same between different stores using one of Engage3’s databases.
- Well organized; able to prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Confident with high integrity
- Self-accountable with efficient time management
- Respectful team player
- Flexible to unexpected events
- Excel and Google sheets experience (required)
- Ability to do VLOOKUP’s and work with advanced filters in Excel (preferred)
- Understanding of Excel Pivot Tables (preferred)
- Research and technology-oriented (preferred)
- Strong commitment to projects
- Retail experience (preferred)
- Create compelling content that drive leads, subscribers, and awareness, while using SEO best practices
- Produce blogs on an ongoing basis to attract site visitors through search, social, and our email subscribers
- Manage the blog and work to promote its content through various channels (consistently finding new opportunities for expanding our reach)
- Collaborate with data scientists, product management, sales, external influencers and industry experts to produce thought-leadership content
- Other writing/editing duties as needed by the company (website copy, demo scripts, user stories, infographics, user guides, Powerpoint slides, and RFPs)
- Business writing experience
- Ability to write about retail industry
Please upload 1-2 relevant writing samples you would like us to consider.
-Remote, work from home.
-Create customer-facing and internal interactive data visualizations on large datasets.
-Should write necessary code to securely retrieve data from RDBMS and visualize it in web browser or mobile app. May need to use D3 or Tableau.
– Making polished products with HTML5, CSS3 and JS
– SQL knowledge and experience
– Developing with D3.JS
– Experience with Angular 2+
– Interest in data visualization and UI design
– Experience with Tableau / Qlik / Power BI
– Experience in agile development environment
– Developing Java API’s
– Familiarity with ngx-charts
Who We Are
We are a solutions-oriented, high-energy bunch that thrives on disruptive retail technology, inspired design, and our ability to tackle difficult problems with creative solutions and (more often than not) several cups of coffee. Our team is continuously growing, and as a whole we strive to make each other better each and every day both personally and professionally. Engage3 fosters a cohesive work environment aimed at breaking down any notion of “office politics” – we encourage each other to challenge and be challenged, unlocking new ideas and fresh perspectives in order to build something special together. We love to work hard but we also recognize the value of having fun while doing so!
What We Do
At Engage3 we believe in creating a more efficient marketplace that fully benefits consumers, retailers, and manufacturers. This connection of influence serves as the inspiration for the name “Engage3”. As the industry leader in predictive analytics, we are always looking forward to new technologies and better, more efficient methods of operation in the space. We are a growing team that specializes in providing timely, highly accurate competitive data and actionable insights. Our high standards of quality are represented through our state-of-the-art technology platforms and service offerings and those standards are driven by the people that we call our own.
Where We're Located
We’re based in the beautiful, tree-lined and bike-friendly downtown Davis. The main office is right next to a plethora of coffee shops and restaurants, a short walk from the beautiful UC Davis campus and arboretum, and a few blocks from the Amtrak station.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people who are:
- eager to learn new technologies
- creative thinkers
- enjoy collaboration while working in a cutting edge consumer retail environment
- adaptive and flexible to fast-paced work environment