Join Our Team!
Our Top Openings
As a Data Scientist for Engage3, you would be working closely with our Data Science team, retail and CPG customers, and partners to lead the company’s reporting, data management, and analytics efforts. You would be building the next generation of revolutionary data-driven products to optimize retailer, manufacturer, and consumer strategies.
A qualified candidate for this position must have demonstrated the ability to manage modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Developing and deploying algorithms and data-driven products, combining advanced modeling techniques and domain expertise
- Structured and unstructured data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Maintaining and enhancing internal tools for data analysis
- Managing multiple custom projects on short timelines
- Fielding critical requests from clients and internal teams (e.g. Sales, Operations) expeditiously and with strong attention to detail.
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed, parallel play and be able to take ownership of projects
- Deploy high-quality products and projects with clean code, thorough testing, and documentation
- Ability to develop mathematical models and optimization algorithms
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Engineering, Math, Finance, Computer Science, Physics or related industry experience
- 2-5 years experience in production/client-facing environments, with a focus on analytic products and projects
- Able to write SQL scripts and dialects for analysis and reporting
- Experience using one or more programming languages including Python
- Experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS
- Strong experience in Excel
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
- Manipulate spreadsheets with Python or another scripting language
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis
- Experience deploying and integrating into production systems and data-driven products
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-ta
- Experience in advanced machine-learning methodologies including supervised and unsupervised learning
- Experience with clustered data processing including Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive
- Experience using programing languages Scala and Bash
- End-to-end experience designing and deploying
Engage3 is looking to hire a technical expert, who demonstrates an desire for learning new technologies which is evident based on their by the ability to expand upon current core knowledge. The Data Analyst (also known as a Customer Support Engineer) is the connection between our customers and Engage3, which is crucial for building effective working relationships. While building these relationships, the Data Analyst will address and work to solve customer issues, manage expectations, and leave all customers feeling valued and pleased with their service.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has patience as well as an empathetic view of the customer. You will be able to hone in on your skills and advance your career by providing value to customers while working with a team of accomplished data scientists and domain experts in the retail competitive intelligence industry.
A successful Data Analyst:
- Develop working knowledge of Engage3 products to provide first/second/third level technical support via phone, email, web and remote access on a daily basis
- Communicates concerns with fellow team members to collaboratively create solutions to problems which arise
- Work independently and immediate supervisor to understand customer issues, recreate these issues and utilize tools to debug the issues to prevent them from recurring
- Compiles and maintains databases of existing issues and adding new issues as they arise
- Works alongside product team to prioritize and resolve these issues
- Acts as focal point for large account problem resolution and as a technical expert.
- Has commitment and an ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with customers and in a client facing role
- Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Working knowledge of Software as a Service products and protocols
- Drive and skills to learn about new products and technologies efficiently
- BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering Software as a Service
- Minimum 1-2 years experience with Software as a Service in mobile & web products, devices
- Experience with technologies for small, medium, large and/or enterprise businesses
- Web and mobile product design or management experience
- Experience with SQL databases
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- You will conduct research on consumer products
- You will decipher cryptic product descriptions
- You will be responsible for creating and improving upon internal processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented and reliable;
- Must be a fast-thinker;
- Committed, honest, and follow instructions.
- Decipher cryptic descriptions, create, and maintain database of easy to read “shoppable” products for our end users, assuring that their time locating and identifying products in-store is as easy and efficient as possible
- Frequently work at store level, with clients and end users to help with this process
- Creating lists pertaining to but not limited to: pet items, organic and natural foods, supplements, sporting goods, grocery and alcohol, cosmetics, and ethnic foods
- Product research by UPC, product description, etc.
- Excel experience needed.
- Research and technology-oriented preferred.
- Strong commitment to projects.
- Retail experience a plus.
- Well organized.
- Strong communication skills.
- Confident with high integrity.
- Self-accountable with great time management.
- Respectful and a team player.
Engage3 is seeking an innovative and detail-oriented Product Manager to work closely with our designers, engineers, and other cross-functional team members to deliver products that consistently amaze our users. The ability to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact and a “get things done” mindset will be critical to your success.
You’ll be a true collaborator, working closely with sales, strategic enablement, marketing, engineering, operations, and others to promote and support sales enablement, marketing performance measurement, strategic planning, and streamlined reporting.
Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to develop and promote product strategy and vision
Work closely with design, engineering, and cross-departmentally to build a product that makes business relationships simple and delightful
Distill qualitative and quantitative data into workable problems
Manage the entire lifecycle of features, from discovery, to adoption and optimization, fostering an iterative approach, driven by data and feedback
Educate and promote the product internally and externally, in close partnership with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams
2-3+ years of product management experience
Analytical, data driven mindset, and proficient user of analytics tools
Great track record delivering quality products in close collaboration with developers and designers
Ability to efficiently support multiple projects simultaneously
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must
Excellent leadership and relationship building skills
Domain expertise in Enterprise SaaS and sales practices is strongly preferred
BA/BS degree required; advanced degree a bonus
Experience in an Agile development environment a plus
Job Summary: We are looking for a results-driven individual who will manage projects from start to finish. This individual will work closely with Business Analysts, data scientists, operations, and our product team to ensure that all aspects of the process are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
Plan and implement projects by defining the scope, goals, and deliverables required
Lead quality assurance by supporting, directing, and monitoring team progress
Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project essentials
Report on progress, problems, and solutions throughout the project process
Evaluate and assess the results of the project
Conduct extensive research on many different types of products and identify patterns between the data to help drive business decisions as an analyst
Define team tasks, schedules, and required resources using the Basecamp progress tracking software
Interpersonal and professional communication
Ability to work independently
Enthusiastic in a way that motivates others
Willing to develop new skills
Not “above” any job – willing to do what is needed to get the task done
One year of project management experience (required)
One year Excel experience (required)
One year retail experience (preferred)
Two years administrative assistant experience (preferred)
Who We Are
We are a solutions-oriented, high-energy bunch that thrives on disruptive retail technology, inspired design, and our ability to tackle difficult problems with creative solutions and (more often than not) several cups of coffee. Our team is continuously growing, and as a whole we strive to make each other better each and every day both personally and professionally. Engage3 fosters a cohesive work environment aimed at breaking down any notion of “office politics” – we encourage each other to challenge and be challenged, unlocking new ideas and fresh perspectives in order to build something special together. We love to work hard but we also recognize the value of having fun while doing so!
What We Do
At Engage3 we believe in creating a more efficient marketplace that fully benefits consumers, retailers, and manufacturers. This connection of influence serves as the inspiration for the name “Engage3”. As the industry leader in predictive analytics, we are always looking forward to new technologies and better, more efficient methods of operation in the space. We are a growing team that specializes in providing timely, highly accurate competitive data and actionable insights. Our high standards of quality are represented through our state-of-the-art technology platforms and service offerings and those standards are driven by the people that we call our own.
Where We're Located
We’re based in the beautiful, tree-lined and bike-friendly downtown Davis. The main office is right next to a plethora of coffee shops and restaurants, a short walk from the beautiful UC Davis campus and arboretum, and a few blocks from the Amtrak station.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people who are:
- eager to learn new technologies
- creative thinkers
- enjoy collaboration while working in a cutting edge consumer retail environment
- adaptive and flexible to fast-paced work environment